We want you to know that we take your privacy seriously. We collect industry standard information to help us provide you with better software and services as described below.
If you have any questions relating to this Personal Data Protection Policy or the usage of personal data for which you are responsible, feel free to contact us by email or by postal at the addresses stated below
1. Collection and processing of personal data, information
• Name, email address, and other contact information. We ask for and collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our Websites (for instance our Contact form), including opportunities to sign up for and agree to receive email communications from us. We also may ask you to submit such personal information if you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including participation in surveys, requesting customer support, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law.
• Log Files. Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our website, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences. Such Web visit information is used to generate aggregate statistical data in order to analyze trends and administer the site, and it may be kept in an anonymised form for historical records. IP addresses are not linked to information personally identifiable by us.
Please review our cookies policy here.
• Interactive Areas. Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features (“Interactive Areas”). If you choose to participate in any of these Interactive Areas, please be aware that that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. If you wish to remove your personal information from any of our Interactive Areas, please see the section below entitled, Your Data Rights.
We collect personal information you provide when you purchase our software products with our resellers. This may include, but is not limited to, the following situations: where you are providing information when you request information about, or use, a product or service available through this website, or information you provide when you purchase our software products or services through our resellers; and where you are submitting an order or purchasing and/or registering software products and/or signing up for additional services.
The information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, company name, e-mail address, IP address, billing and/or shipping address, phone number, payment method name. We never have access to credit card and other sensitive payment information during purchases.
Share-It! and FastSpring are our official resellers:
- MyCommerce Share-it site is controlled by Digital River GmbH, Scheidtweilerstrasse 4 Cologne 50933 Germany.
- Bright Market, LLC d/b/a FastSpring, ATTN: Privacy Department, 801 Garden Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, United States of America.
How we use personal data
We may use personal data, in our sole discretion, to meet any applicable legal requirement, investigate and prevent potential fraud, abuse, or other unlawful activity, manage licenses of our software, manage software activations, manage user accounts, study usage metrics, provide our software or other products and services, protect the legal interests of G.D.G. Software, our resellers and our users, or develop and improve our software products and services.
When we share personal data
We may share personal data we process to the extent it is necessary, in our sole discretion, to meet any applicable legal requirement, investigate and prevent potential fraud, abuse, or other unlawful activity, or protect the legal interests of G.D.G. Software, our resellers and our users.
We may share personal data with our resellers and contracted third parties to process, consistent with the terms of this policy and the adoption of adequate technical and organisational measures.
How we use personal data to contact you
Moreover, we may process your personal data in order to
- contact you if you have requested information or communication from us;
- provide you with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information, on our own behalf;
- undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- permit you to access the website’s customer area or services, to receive products, updates or services in connection with keys, login codes or other information as may be required;
- provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support;
- manage the software licenses you purchased;
- modify our websites with regard to your interests;
In the event that we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
With your special consent in line with the double opt-in procedure, we use your e-mail address and other information you have provided to send out our newsletter, from which you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the deactivation link provided in every newsletter.
The text of the consent is as follows: I give my consent to to be in touch with me via email using the information I have provided in this form for the purpose of news, updates and marketing.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), and as permitted or required by applicable law. We will observe applicable law and take reasonable steps to ensure any person or entity receiving personal information for the purposes described above, are obligated to protect and keep secure the personal information on your behalf.
Pursuant to applicable data protection laws, you may have the right of information, notification, blocking or deletion and revocation (see below at clause 6).
2. Data Security and Integrity
Your personal information provided to us will be processed on the computer servers (currently Microsoft Azure) on which our website is hosted. G.D.G. Software takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information about our customers and visitors of our website. Your personal data is transmitted in encrypted form over the Internet via an SSL process (Secure Socket Layer). We use adequate technical and organisational measures designed to secure our website and the personal data for which you are responsible against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution by unauthorized personnel.
However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information submitted by customers and visitors of the website. We disclaim any warranty, express or implied, that any such security precautions will not be broken, violated or in some way compromised.
Your customer account can only be accessed by your authorized personnel entering their personal passwords (activation code). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all passwords, which should not be shared among your employees. You should always keep your password and access information confidential and close the browser window once you have finished communicating with us, especially if your personnel share a single computer with others. You have the below explained rights in order to control personal data for which you are responsible. We ensure that you have access to the personal data you provided us and that you can review and correct them if necessary.
3. Our Service Providers
We use other companies, which may include but not limited to present or future corporate affiliates, to provide joint services or certain services to us or on our behalf and help us to operate our business. We may share your information with our service providers in connection with their provision of services to us. We may also allow these companies to use anonymous information, and to use aggregated personal information on an anonymous basis (i.e., where the aggregated data cannot identify you personally), for their business purposes. We will not share your personal information with our affiliates or unrelated third parties to use for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
4. Right of information; notification, blocking or deletion; revocation
In accordance to the applicable statutory data protection regulations, individuals have the right to obtain their personal data stored by G.D.G. Software and understand the purposes for which we process it. In the secure area of our website called My Account, customers can view their account-related personal data. Please address your request to the email address stated below at clause 8.
If you contact us, we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request and correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover. We reserve the right, however, to limit or deny your request to the extent permitted by applicable law if the disclosure may lead to a breach of applicable law and regulation, e.g. in case of any legal obligation to retain certain data, or if you have failed to provide sufficient evidence to verify your identity.
You are entitled to have any incorrect data about you corrected. To do this, please contact us and let us know the correct personal data. The correction is made immediately, subject to an integrity check.
You also have the right to request the deletion of personal data held about you. For example, if the personal data was saved without your authorization or knowledge or if the personal data is no longer required in order to fulfill the purpose for which it was saved or to fulfil the role for which the relevant (public) body is responsible.
Instead of deletion, you have the right to have your personal data blocked, if deletion would contravene mandatory storage periods, deletion is not possible or would be unreasonably difficult or it is not possible to determine whether the personal data is correct or incorrect. In the case of deleting your personal data, such data will be deleted by us immediately; if you request blocking, your personal data will no longer be used by us.
In order to request deletion or blocking, it is sufficient to send us an informal email (see section 6).
5. Links to Third Party Websites
This website provides links to third-party web sites, which are not under the control of G.D.G. Software. G.D.G. Software makes no representations about third-party web sites. When you access a non-G.D.G. Software website, you do so at your own risk. G.D.G. Software is not responsible for the reliability of any data, opinions, advice, or statements made on third-party sites. G.D.G. Software provides these links merely as a convenience. The inclusion of such links does not imply that G.D.G. Software endorses, recommends, or accepts any responsibility for the content of such sites.
6. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The data controller of this website is: G.D.G. Software SAS.
If there are any additional questions on the collection, processing or use of your personal data, if you wish to obtain information on or to correct, block or delete your data, if you wish to revoke previously issued consents, please contact [email protected]
7. Policy Changes
Last policy update on November, 2023 (last change: updated cookie sections, remove Google Analytics and Twitter sections).